Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
New Orleans East
Mon May 28, 2012
Man falls into canal, apparently drowns
New Orleans police say a 29-year-old man died after falling into a canal near Irish Bayou in New Orleans East.
Officer Garry Flot, a police spokesman, says the body of Harold Johnson of New Orleans was found Sunday afternoon, near the spot where he fell in earlier that day.
Flot says said the death will be listed as unclassified until an autopsy.