Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Thu September 20, 2012
Man convicted in New Orleans of child sex trafficking
A Florida man has been convicted by a federal jury in New Orleans of child sex trafficking charges.
Thirty-year-old Benson December Coriolant, of Orlando, Fla., faces a maximum sentence of life in prison following his convictions Thursday.
Prosecutors say Coriolant recruited a 14-year-old girl to work for him as a prostitute in Florida and Louisiana. He allegedly plied her with alcohol and drugs to control her behavior.
Coriolant is scheduled to be sentenced on Dec. 20.
Louisiana Supreme Court
Aaron Broussard Trial