Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu September 20, 2012
Man convicted in New Orleans of child sex trafficking
A Florida man has been convicted by a federal jury in New Orleans of child sex trafficking charges.
Thirty-year-old Benson December Coriolant, of Orlando, Fla., faces a maximum sentence of life in prison following his convictions Thursday.
Prosecutors say Coriolant recruited a 14-year-old girl to work for him as a prostitute in Florida and Louisiana. He allegedly plied her with alcohol and drugs to control her behavior.
Coriolant is scheduled to be sentenced on Dec. 20.
Louisiana Supreme Court
Aaron Broussard Trial