Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu September 20, 2012
Man convicted in New Orleans of child sex trafficking
A Florida man has been convicted by a federal jury in New Orleans of child sex trafficking charges.
Thirty-year-old Benson December Coriolant, of Orlando, Fla., faces a maximum sentence of life in prison following his convictions Thursday.
Prosecutors say Coriolant recruited a 14-year-old girl to work for him as a prostitute in Florida and Louisiana. He allegedly plied her with alcohol and drugs to control her behavior.
Coriolant is scheduled to be sentenced on Dec. 20.
Louisiana Supreme Court
Aaron Broussard Trial