Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue January 8, 2013
Man Booked with Raping 83-year-old Marrero Woman
Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputies say an 83-year-old woman was raped in her Marrero home after she interrupted a burglary.
Deputies arrested a suspect, 51-year-old Kenneth Adams, and booked him with aggravated rape, aggravated burglary, simple robbery, resisting an officer, battery on a police officer, possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal possession of stolen property.
Col. John Fortunato tells The Times-Picayune the rape was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Sunday.
Fortunato says the suspect fled when the woman told him authorities were on their way.
After a foot pursuit and struggle with deputies, Adams was arrested. Fortunato says authorities found the victim's property in Adams' possession.
It was unclear whether Adams has an attorney.