Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Thu July 19, 2012
Man allegedly DWI on a Wal-Mart scooter
Houma police say a 24-year-old man is accused of driving a shopping scooter while drunk.
Police say Thomas J. Phillip's breath tested at more than double the amount considered legal proof of intoxication under Louisiana law when he was pulled over Sunday.
Police say they got a call about a motorized scooter pulling a wheelchair, and found Phillip on the scooter and a friend of his in the wheelchair. They say Phillip was arrested after allegedly telling police he'd been at a Wal-Mart store and decided to take the scooter for a joyride.
Police say he was booked with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and with theft. Phillip could not be reached for comment because no phone listing was available for him.
Police say the wheelchair occupant was not cited.