Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Thu September 6, 2012
Man allegedly asked cop to find his marijuana
Police in the New Orleans suburb of Kenner say a traffic stop led to two arrests after a passenger allegedly asked an officer to find some marijuana he had dropped on a levee bank.
The Times-Picayune says 18-year-old driver Chad Nicholson of Reserve and 21-year-old Jason Ray Sr. of LaPlace were booked on marijuana charges.
Police said the car smelled of marijuana when they stopped it Aug. 27 near businesses that closed ahead of Hurricane Isaac.
Nicholson allegedly said he and Ray had smoked marijuana. When none could be found in the car, Ray allegedly said he might have dropped it on the levee and asked the officer to find it. Arrest reports say the officer found a bag of marijuana right where Ray said it would be.