Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
Wed June 22, 2011
Marcy's Peach Chutney
Yields approximately 2 quarts
2 quarts finely chopped, peeled, pitted peaches (about 20 medium)
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
2 cups brown sugar
1/8 cup mustard seed
2 1/2 cups cider vinegar, 5% acidity
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot. Cook slowly, uncovered over a medium low heat for about one hour, until thickness of applesauce, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions. Carefully pour hot chutney into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
**Note: This recipe can be successfully cut in half and stored refrigerated for up to two weeks without canning
We'd love to hear from you! Email us!