Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed June 22, 2011
Marcy's Peach Chutney
Yields approximately 2 quarts
2 quarts finely chopped, peeled, pitted peaches (about 20 medium)
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
2 cups brown sugar
1/8 cup mustard seed
2 1/2 cups cider vinegar, 5% acidity
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot. Cook slowly, uncovered over a medium low heat for about one hour, until thickness of applesauce, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions. Carefully pour hot chutney into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
**Note: This recipe can be successfully cut in half and stored refrigerated for up to two weeks without canning
We'd love to hear from you! Email us!