Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Wed June 22, 2011
Marcy's Peach Chutney
Yields approximately 2 quarts
2 quarts finely chopped, peeled, pitted peaches (about 20 medium)
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
2 cups brown sugar
1/8 cup mustard seed
2 1/2 cups cider vinegar, 5% acidity
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot. Cook slowly, uncovered over a medium low heat for about one hour, until thickness of applesauce, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions. Carefully pour hot chutney into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
**Note: This recipe can be successfully cut in half and stored refrigerated for up to two weeks without canning
We'd love to hear from you! Email us!