Most Active Stories
- Le Show For Aug. 17, 2014
- Ain't Dere No More: Sydney Besthoff Reflects On K&B
- New Orleans Police Superintendent Resigns; Interim Chief Appointed
- B&B Vs. Airbnb: Competition And Common Ground Between Traditional Inns And The New Sharing Economy
- Innovative New Orleans School Health Clinic Serves Students And Staff
Wed June 22, 2011
Marcy's Peach Chutney
Yields approximately 2 quarts
2 quarts finely chopped, peeled, pitted peaches (about 20 medium)
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
2 cups brown sugar
1/8 cup mustard seed
2 1/2 cups cider vinegar, 5% acidity
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot. Cook slowly, uncovered over a medium low heat for about one hour, until thickness of applesauce, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions. Carefully pour hot chutney into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
**Note: This recipe can be successfully cut in half and stored refrigerated for up to two weeks without canning
We'd love to hear from you! Email us!