Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
LSU Health Sciences Center
Mon September 10, 2012
LSU center wins tumor registry award
The LSU Health Sciences Center's Louisiana Tumor Registry has been recognized with an award from the National Program of Cancer Registries.
Dr. Vivien Chen, professor of public health and director of the LSUHSC registry, accepted the organization's 20th Anniversary Research Award in Washington.
The award is one of only two given to cancer registries this year. It recognizes the registry and researchers who use registry data for cancer research resulting in peer-reviewed publications as well as impact on early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer leading to improved outcomes. The NPCR includes registries in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Pacific islands.