Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
LSU Health Sciences Center
Mon September 10, 2012
LSU center wins tumor registry award
The LSU Health Sciences Center's Louisiana Tumor Registry has been recognized with an award from the National Program of Cancer Registries.
Dr. Vivien Chen, professor of public health and director of the LSUHSC registry, accepted the organization's 20th Anniversary Research Award in Washington.
The award is one of only two given to cancer registries this year. It recognizes the registry and researchers who use registry data for cancer research resulting in peer-reviewed publications as well as impact on early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer leading to improved outcomes. The NPCR includes registries in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Pacific islands.