Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
LSU Health Sciences Center
Mon September 10, 2012
LSU center wins tumor registry award
The LSU Health Sciences Center's Louisiana Tumor Registry has been recognized with an award from the National Program of Cancer Registries.
Dr. Vivien Chen, professor of public health and director of the LSUHSC registry, accepted the organization's 20th Anniversary Research Award in Washington.
The award is one of only two given to cancer registries this year. It recognizes the registry and researchers who use registry data for cancer research resulting in peer-reviewed publications as well as impact on early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer leading to improved outcomes. The NPCR includes registries in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Pacific islands.