Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Mon June 4, 2012
Loyola University to examine the state of New Orleans media
Larry Lorenz, professor emeritus in the Loyola University New Orleans School of Mass Communication, will examine the ever-changing face of media in New Orleans with "The Press of New Orleans: The Past. The Present. The Future?" on Friday, June 22 at 3:30 p.m.
The seminar will focus on the history of New Orleans' daily newspaper, The Times-Picayune, and discuss its future, in light of the recent announcement that the newspaper will print only three days a week as it shifts to an online media format.