Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue September 4, 2012
Louisiana Highway 1 closed overnights for repairs
State transportation officials say Louisiana Highway 1 is open during daylight hours south to Grand Isle.
The Courier reports a segment of the highway south of Port Fourchon is closed from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly until further notice while crews repair a section of road damaged by Hurricane Isaac.
State police said residents and visitors to Grand Isle who don't want to be trapped on the island should leave before 6 p.m. nightly. Once the highway is closed, no vehicles will be allowed on Louisiana Highway 1 from Grand Isle to Fourchon.