Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue September 4, 2012
Louisiana Highway 1 closed overnights for repairs
State transportation officials say Louisiana Highway 1 is open during daylight hours south to Grand Isle.
The Courier reports a segment of the highway south of Port Fourchon is closed from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly until further notice while crews repair a section of road damaged by Hurricane Isaac.
State police said residents and visitors to Grand Isle who don't want to be trapped on the island should leave before 6 p.m. nightly. Once the highway is closed, no vehicles will be allowed on Louisiana Highway 1 from Grand Isle to Fourchon.