Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Thu September 6, 2012
Louisiana gets $3.5M for highway debris removal
The U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded Louisiana a $3.5 million grant to help remove debris from highways and repair roads affected by Hurricane Isaac.
U.S. Sens. Mary Landrieu and David Vitter announced the grant Wednesday. The money is from DOT's Emergency Relief Grant Program.
Landrieu called the funding "a critical step in the recovery process."
Vitter says the money will "begin the process to rebuild or repair" the state's highway infrastructure.