Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu September 6, 2012
Louisiana gets $3.5M for highway debris removal
The U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded Louisiana a $3.5 million grant to help remove debris from highways and repair roads affected by Hurricane Isaac.
U.S. Sens. Mary Landrieu and David Vitter announced the grant Wednesday. The money is from DOT's Emergency Relief Grant Program.
Landrieu called the funding "a critical step in the recovery process."
Vitter says the money will "begin the process to rebuild or repair" the state's highway infrastructure.