Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Thu September 6, 2012
Louisiana gets $3.5M for highway debris removal
The U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded Louisiana a $3.5 million grant to help remove debris from highways and repair roads affected by Hurricane Isaac.
U.S. Sens. Mary Landrieu and David Vitter announced the grant Wednesday. The money is from DOT's Emergency Relief Grant Program.
Landrieu called the funding "a critical step in the recovery process."
Vitter says the money will "begin the process to rebuild or repair" the state's highway infrastructure.