Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu July 3, 2014
Louisiana Flag-Maker Doubles Its Workforce
Just in time for the Independence Day holiday, a Bogalusa facility that manufactures US flags announced that it will double its workforce.
Workers at Allied Materials & Equipment make the field of 50 stars for the flags, which are assembled at another facility in Missouri and sold to federal agencies.
According to the governor’s office, the company received an incentive package from the state, including an Enterprise Zone tax exemption.
Allied’s Bogalusa facility can produce up to 13,000 fields of stars per week.