Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Thu July 3, 2014
Louisiana Flag-Maker Doubles Its Workforce
Just in time for the Independence Day holiday, a Bogalusa facility that manufactures US flags announced that it will double its workforce.
Workers at Allied Materials & Equipment make the field of 50 stars for the flags, which are assembled at another facility in Missouri and sold to federal agencies.
According to the governor’s office, the company received an incentive package from the state, including an Enterprise Zone tax exemption.
Allied’s Bogalusa facility can produce up to 13,000 fields of stars per week.