Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Fri May 11, 2012
Liza Minnelli On 'Song Travels'
Originally published on Fri May 24, 2013 4:13 pm
Born into Hollywood royalty, Liza Minnelli has made her own name on the stage and screen. Her role in the 1972 film version of the Broadway musical Cabaret made her an international sensation and won her the Academy Award for Best Actress. She continues to wow audiences the world over with her iconic presence and powerful voice.
Here, Minnelli joins her good friend and Song Travels host Michael Feinstein for an enlightening discussion of her life and the evolution of her approach to song. And, in a sweet moment, Feinstein opens the show by singing the Ira Gershwin song for which Minnelli was named.
This program originally ran May 11, 2012.