Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Tue January 24, 2012
Live Blog: 'No Bailouts, No Handouts, No Copouts,' Obama Will Say
Originally published on Thu November 15, 2012 4:33 pm
President Obama tonight used his third State of the Union address to sound themes about fair play and hard work — issues of enormous concern to the many Americans who are frustrated by an economy that's been ailing and a government that they don't believe is responding to their needs. And, he countered Republicans' charge that America has lost respect around the world during his three years in office. In the Republican response, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels said that the president is offering little that's new and that his policies haven't helped in the past — and in fact have been "pro-poverty."
We're live blogging in the box below. You'll see a message when new material has been added. Just click on it.