Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Mon February 4, 2013
Lingerie-Clad Men Beat Up, Rob Man in Motel Room
New Orleans police say a man who thought he was going into a motel room with two lingerie-clad women was beaten up and robbed when he tried to leave after discovering they were men.
Police say the two cross-dressers were joined by a man who had been in the bathroom of the motel room on Airline Highway in New Orleans.
Officer Garry Flot says in a news release that all three hit the man several times on the head and face, and each went through his pockets. They took his cash, cellphone and credit cards.
Flot says one suspect has been identified as 23-year-old Herbert James Bickham, who is known to wear women's clothing and wigs, and to frequent the motel.
Flot won't say how Bickham was identified.