Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri July 6, 2012
Lightning Hits Assisted Living Facility
An employee at a Covington-area assisted living facility is being credited with preventing a major fire after lightning struck the building. St. Tammany Parish fire officials say Kory Buras ran back inside to grab a fire extinguisher after he saw lightning strike the building the other day. No one was hurt.