Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 20, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
- Telltale Rainbow Sheens Reveal Thousands Of Unreported Oil Spills In The Gulf
Fri April 6, 2012
Life In Prison For Man Who Planted Pipe Bomb In Colorado Mall
Earl Albert Moore, who in April 2011 on the 12th anniversary of the Columbine school shootings placed a pipe bomb in a nearby Colorado shopping mall, has been sentenced to life in prison.
"Moore also set a fire in the hallway, but the bomb did not explode," The Denver Post adds. "No one was injured, and Moore said during sentencing today that he wasn't trying to do so."
"It was never my intention to hurt anybody," Moore, 66, said in court Thursday, according to the Post. "I apologize for my actions."
U.S. District Court Judge John Kane said Moore had sown "seeds of terror" and that though no one was killed, "that is not to your credit."