Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Features
Tue May 10, 2011
Libyan Couple Feels Trapped Away From Home
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – Revolutions and wars on other continents can feel remote. Even with the news - with photographs and videos and reports - you can always stop paying attention to other peoples' problems, and go back to regular life. But for some people, there's no escape. Eve Abrams, and her translator, Khaled Hegazzi, recently spoke with a young Libyan couple living in New Orleans. She learned that even here, across an ocean and in a different language, they're trapped.