Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Features
Tue May 10, 2011
Libyan Couple Feels Trapped Away From Home
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – Revolutions and wars on other continents can feel remote. Even with the news - with photographs and videos and reports - you can always stop paying attention to other peoples' problems, and go back to regular life. But for some people, there's no escape. Eve Abrams, and her translator, Khaled Hegazzi, recently spoke with a young Libyan couple living in New Orleans. She learned that even here, across an ocean and in a different language, they're trapped.