Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
WWNO News Features
Tue August 11, 2009
Levee Board Secretary John M. Barry Talks Coastal Restoration
By Fred Kasten
New Orleans – As we head into the heart of hurricane season - and close in on the fourth anniversary of Katrina - 89.9 WWNO presents a 4-part series looking at some of the responses to Katrina - and what they mean to the future of Southeast Louisiana. Here in part-2 of "Katrina: 4 Years Gone" - Levee Board Secretary - and Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority member John M. Barry talks about the current situation with coastal restoration in Louisiana...
For more information about the economic benefits to the nation of restoring Louisiana's coast - please click here