Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
Fri February 1, 2013
Les Miles Gets a Raise
LSU's governing board has approved a $549,000 annual pay raise for football coach Les Miles.
The change has bumped Miles' salary to $4.3 million a year and extended his contract through the 2019 season.
At the start of today’s meeting, several faculty members spoke in support of the coach’s raise, but suggested professors get raises too. Faculty salaries have been stagnant for years. Supervisors did not respond with any plan to increase salaries, but acknowledged the professors’ complaints.