Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Wed July 17, 2013
The Lens: $11.8 Million In Federal Home Elevation Grants Under Review
Home elevation has been a big topic — and a big headache — since the post-Katrina floods of 2005. It’s often an expensive process, but our partners at The Lens found a home elevation grant program that seems to have a particularly big price tag: $11.8 million dollars to raise 48 to 55 homes. That’s about a quarter million per house, on average.
Reporter Charles Maldonado at The Lens looked deeper into this budget item. He talked to WWNO News Director Eve Troeh about the situation.
Notes from New Orleans