Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
This Is NPR
Fri June 8, 2012
Leave A Message For The 'Car Talk' Guys
Originally published on Tue October 16, 2012 12:39 pm
Brothers Tom and Ray Magliozzi — whose voices and humor have shaped 35 years of Car Talk, one of the country's most beloved public radio shows — told their listeners today that they have decided to "stop and smell the cappuccino."
Starting in October, the guys will no longer record new programs. Fortunately for listeners, the Car Talk production team will continue to produce new shows built from more than 1,200 hilarious archive episodes, along with some updates from the brothers. NPR will continue to distribute the show to local public radio stations across the country.
If you are one of the millions of listeners who count the show and its hosts — best known as Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers — a Saturday morning staple, let them know. Leave a message for Tom and Ray on their website.