Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Southern University Cutbacks
Mon July 2, 2012
Leaner Southern University After Financial Emergency
BATON ROUGE — Southern University administrators tell The Advocate the university is now in better shape to concentrate resources on successful programs such as engineering and nursing, and better equipped to guide students toward graduation. The university is emerging from an eight-month financial emergency period with fewer students, degree choices and faculty.