Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed April 25, 2012
Lawmakers Reject Proposal to Allow Gay Adoption
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A proposal that would allow gay couples and other unmarried couples to adopt children together in Louisiana has been defeated by a House committee. The bill would have allowed adoptions by people who aren't related to a child by blood but live in the same home and establish a relationship with the child.