Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed April 25, 2012
Lawmakers Reject Proposal to Allow Gay Adoption
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A proposal that would allow gay couples and other unmarried couples to adopt children together in Louisiana has been defeated by a House committee. The bill would have allowed adoptions by people who aren't related to a child by blood but live in the same home and establish a relationship with the child.