Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Fri February 12, 2010
Landrieu Names Transition Team
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Landrieu said he intends to fulfill his duties as Lieutenant Governor until the day he takes over the mayor's office. He chose Louisiana Superdome executive Doug Thornton, and his chief of staff at the Lieutenant Governor's office, Judy Reese Morse. He said they'll be looking at which positions need to be filled, especially a new police chief, and taking a close look at the shape of city finances.
Landrieu said he's spoken with Mayor Ray Nagin, and intends to ask that he not extend contracts that lock up the city's options.
Landrieu said he's gotten several calls of congratulations - most notably from President Barack Obama - about his win, and that of the New Orleans Saints at the Super Bowl.
Landrieu said in addition to police chief, his first major staff selections will include the Chief Administrative Officer, City Attorney and Chief Financial Officer.