Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Wed March 10, 2010
Landrieu Announces Education Task Force
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Landrieu said his task force will review education problems and possible solutions. His other two advisory panels are examining public safety and economic development. But while the mayor of New Orleans has no direct control over education funding, Landrieu said he has to help.
Co-chair of the task force is Dr. Andre Perry of the University of New Orleans. He's also in charge of the New Orleans Charter School Network.
Perry said it's vital that education be considered at all levels of government.
Landrieu said his administration will include a staff person assigned to keep up with education issues.