Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Mon January 14, 2013
Lafourche Parish Considers Buying Garbage Cans
Lafourche Parish Councilman Jerry Lafont wants a can in every driveway.
Specifically, Lafont is proposing the parish purchase standardized garbage cans for Lafourche residents to simplify the trash-collection process.
The proposal was put in the form of a resolution at this week's Parish Council meeting. The resolution asks Parish President Charlotte Randolph to appropriate $500,000 to purchase standardized cans for parish residents living outside Thibodaux, which has its own trash-collection contract.
Parish Solid Waste Manager Jerome Danos tells The Daily Comet Lafont's request is being taken into consideration in a comprehensive garbage collection study the parish will soon undertake.