Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri August 31, 2012
Lafayette man arrested for looting
A 22-year-old Lafayette man has been arrested for allegedly looting a downtown office building during Tropical Storm Isaac.
The Advertiser reports Johnathon George was booked with looting and is being held in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on a $25,000 bond.
Cpl. Kyle Soriez says officers on routine patrol saw George in the downtown Lafayette area, when a mandatory curfew was in effect.
Soriez said the officers found in George's possession multiple computers and other electronic devices, which had identifying marks linking the electronics to the downtown business.
It was unclear whether George has an attorney.