Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Fri August 31, 2012
Lafayette man arrested for looting
A 22-year-old Lafayette man has been arrested for allegedly looting a downtown office building during Tropical Storm Isaac.
The Advertiser reports Johnathon George was booked with looting and is being held in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on a $25,000 bond.
Cpl. Kyle Soriez says officers on routine patrol saw George in the downtown Lafayette area, when a mandatory curfew was in effect.
Soriez said the officers found in George's possession multiple computers and other electronic devices, which had identifying marks linking the electronics to the downtown business.
It was unclear whether George has an attorney.