Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed January 16, 2013
La Shica: globalFEST 2013
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 2:02 pm
Do you think flamenco can only be danced by someone wearing a frilly, fire-engine-red dress? Elsa Rovayo, frontwoman of Madrid's La Shica ("The Girl"), begs to differ. She performed at New York City's globalFEST in stretch leggings and a studded jacket, singing and dancing to her signature blend of flamenco and indie rock in a combination of original compositions and traditional flamenco tunes.
- "Limosna De Amores"
- "Sevillanas De Lebrina"
- "Te Qiero Mucho Pero No Para Todos Los Dias"
- "El Probador"
- "La Bien Paga'"
- "Te Estoy Querien De Tanto"
Producers: Mito Habe-Evans, Bob Boilen; Videographers: Gabriella Garcia-Pardo, Mito Habe-Evans; Audio Engineer: Kevin Wait; Video Editor: Denise DeBelius Assistant Producer: Denise DeBelius; Special Thanks to: Webster Hall, globalFEST 2013; Executive Producers: Anya Grundmann, Keith Jenkins.