Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Tue May 14, 2013
La. Hospital Privitization Costs Still Foggy After Auditor's Report
Originally published on Tue May 14, 2013 7:59 pm
Lawmakers that have fought the Administration for more power in the process of privatizing the state’s charity hospitals may get their wish as they consider funding for the cost of laying off hospital workers.
According to a report by the state auditor’s office, the privatization will cost the state 42 million dollar in leave payouts and unemployment payments.