Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Tue May 14, 2013
La. Hospital Privitization Costs Still Foggy After Auditor's Report
Originally published on Tue May 14, 2013 7:59 pm
Lawmakers that have fought the Administration for more power in the process of privatizing the state’s charity hospitals may get their wish as they consider funding for the cost of laying off hospital workers.
According to a report by the state auditor’s office, the privatization will cost the state 42 million dollar in leave payouts and unemployment payments.