Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Dalai Lama Brings Timely Message To New Orleans
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Master Plan
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
Thu January 10, 2013
La. to Get More Isaac Recovery Funds
The Federal Emergency Management Agency is sending $7.4 million to Louisiana in Hurricane Isaac recovery funds to help impacted families with additional household and education needs and more.
The FEMA dollars are going to the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services for a Disaster Case Management Program to aid Isaac victims.
Sen. Mary Landrieu announced the new grant Tuesday and said that she had pressed for such family assistance with FEMA administrator Craig Fugate.
The state says case managers are expected to assess individual and family needs and connect people with the appropriate services both in the short and long term.