Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu August 30, 2012
La. company has $11.9M beach contract in Va.
A Louisiana company has won an $11.9 million contract as part of a project to add sand to Virginia Beach, Va., for hurricane protection.
A news release from the Pentagon says Weeks Marine Inc., of Covington, was one of four bidders on the project in support of the Virginia Beach Hurricane Protection Beach Re-Nourishment.
Work will be done in Virginia Beach, with an estimated completion date of May 15, 2013.
Business & Technology