Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Thu June 28, 2012
Knotty Problem Solved: Knitters Won't Call Their Games The 'Ravelympics'
Originally published on Thu June 28, 2012 2:29 pm
Those knitters we told you about who had been asked to "cease and desist" by the U.S. Olympics Committee because they were planning a "Ravelympics" have opted to give the slip to any legal issues.
They're going to call their competitions "The Ravellenic Games," The Oregonian reports.
The new name was among several suggestions considered by members of the knitting social networking site Ravelry.com, including:
-- Pan-Ravelry Games.
-- Ravelry Challenge.