Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri January 11, 2013
Kisatchie Waives Fees for MLK Holiday Weekend
In recognition of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, the U.S. Forest Service is waiving all fees, with the exception of camping, at recreational sites in Kisatchie National Forest on Caney Lakes on the Caney Ranger District and on the Calcasieu Ranger District.
The waiver is effective Saturday, Jan. 19 through Monday, Jan. 21.
Kisatchie National Forest Supervisor Mike Balboni says the waiver comes at a perfect time of the year for camping, hiking, mountain biking and exploring "all the recreational opportunities KNF has to offer."
For more information contact Balboni's office in Pineville at 318-473-7160.
National Kids to Parks Day