Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed January 19, 2011
The King and Dat Dog
Sauce a Moutarde Japonais
Sauces 4 to 6 hotdogs
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup smoked sausage, finely diced
1 tomato, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, diced
1 tablespoon prepared wasabi mustard
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Cajun seasoned salt to taste
In a skillet, make a roux by melting butter, then whisking in flour. Continue whisking, cooking over a medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes, until the flour is cooked and smells toasty. Reserve.
In a 2-1/2 quart saucepan, brown sausage and then add celery, diced tomato, green onion and wasabi. Cook till celery is soft. Add chicken stock, seasoning, parsley. Bring to a light boil. Add roux by teaspoonful until sauce thickens.
Great for encased meats, like frankfurters, steak, chicken, pork
Sauce will keep refrigerated for 7 - 10 days and also freezes well.