Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed January 19, 2011
The King and Dat Dog
Sauce a Moutarde Japonais
Sauces 4 to 6 hotdogs
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup smoked sausage, finely diced
1 tomato, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, diced
1 tablespoon prepared wasabi mustard
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Cajun seasoned salt to taste
In a skillet, make a roux by melting butter, then whisking in flour. Continue whisking, cooking over a medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes, until the flour is cooked and smells toasty. Reserve.
In a 2-1/2 quart saucepan, brown sausage and then add celery, diced tomato, green onion and wasabi. Cook till celery is soft. Add chicken stock, seasoning, parsley. Bring to a light boil. Add roux by teaspoonful until sauce thickens.
Great for encased meats, like frankfurters, steak, chicken, pork
Sauce will keep refrigerated for 7 - 10 days and also freezes well.