Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Around the Nation
Wed February 29, 2012
Ketchum Could Be First Female A&M Yell Leader
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A woman could finally break the glass ceiling at Texas A&M by becoming the school's first female cheerleader. A&M calls them yell leaders, and for more than 100 years of this one-time military academy, they've been men. Samantha Ketcham wants to change that. She received enough votes to qualify for a runoff later this week - a first. Though a win is hardly assured, she says she's shocked and excited to have gotten this far. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.