Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon December 24, 2012
Kenner Restarts Recycling Program
Kenner officials say two locations are now available for residents to drop off recyclable materials.
Kenner suspended its recycling program after Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.
The city and contractor Ramelli Waste have set up collection locations on Vintage Drive and at the City Hall.
Acceptable recyclables include plastic containers with the recycling symbol for numbers 1-7, aluminum, tin and steel containers, and paper products such as magazines, phone books, newspapers and junk mail. Cardboard and other boxes must be folded and flattened; shredded paper must be contained in plastic bags.
The collection locations operate at all hours every day.
Jefferson Parish Recycling
Kenner Brake Tags