Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sun September 8, 2013
Kansas State Bounces Back To Beat ULL 48-27
Tramaine Thompson returned a kickoff 94 yards for a touchdown, Ty Zimmerman took an interception 32 yards for another score and Kansas State rebounded from a season-opening loss to beat Louisiana-Lafayette 48-27 Saturday night.
Thompson also returned a punt 61 yards to the 1-yard line in the third quarter to set up a touchdown by Jake Waters. Zimmerman's interception moments later gave Kansas State touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams in a span of minutes.
Waters threw for 278 yards while splitting time with backup Daniel Sams, who ran for 63 yards and a touchdown. Tyler Lockett had eight catches for 111 yards, and John Hubert ran for two touchdowns as the Wildcats avoided their first 0-2 start since 1989.
Terrance Broadway ran for a touchdown and threw for a touchdown for the Ragin' Cajuns (0-2), and Darryl Surgent returned a kickoff a school-record 100 yards for another score.
Notes from New Orleans