Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Arts & Culture
Wed May 15, 2013
Just What Are These Tibetan Monks Building?
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama is visiting New Orleans this weekend for a series of pubic speaking events. This past week a group of Tibetan monks gathered at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center to construct a mandala, which will be completed on Friday morning and then ceremonially deposited into the Mississippi River that afternoon.