Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Arts & Culture
Wed May 15, 2013
Just What Are These Tibetan Monks Building?
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama is visiting New Orleans this weekend for a series of pubic speaking events. This past week a group of Tibetan monks gathered at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center to construct a mandala, which will be completed on Friday morning and then ceremonially deposited into the Mississippi River that afternoon.