Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 22, 2011
Jury Selection Set For Danziger Bridge Trial
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Prosecutors say the officers fired on residents crossing the Danziger Bridge to escape floods that covered the city after the 2005 storm. A mentally disabled man fleeing with his family was fatally shot in the back, and a sergeant allegedly stomped on his body. A teenager walking with his friend's family was also killed. The officers say they were responding to reports of shots fired at police. They're also charged with planting evidence and falsifying reports. Jury selection is scheduled to begin today.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.