Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 22, 2011
Jury Selection Set For Danziger Bridge Trial
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Prosecutors say the officers fired on residents crossing the Danziger Bridge to escape floods that covered the city after the 2005 storm. A mentally disabled man fleeing with his family was fatally shot in the back, and a sergeant allegedly stomped on his body. A teenager walking with his friend's family was also killed. The officers say they were responding to reports of shots fired at police. They're also charged with planting evidence and falsifying reports. Jury selection is scheduled to begin today.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.