Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 22, 2011
Jury Selection Set For Danziger Bridge Trial
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Prosecutors say the officers fired on residents crossing the Danziger Bridge to escape floods that covered the city after the 2005 storm. A mentally disabled man fleeing with his family was fatally shot in the back, and a sergeant allegedly stomped on his body. A teenager walking with his friend's family was also killed. The officers say they were responding to reports of shots fired at police. They're also charged with planting evidence and falsifying reports. Jury selection is scheduled to begin today.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.