Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed December 25, 2013
JPSO: 2 Men Shot Dozens Of Vehicle Windows
Sheriff's detectives have charged two men with shooting out windows of at least 166 vehicles in Jefferson Parish.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand says detectives on Tuesday arrested 19-year-old Christopher Flanagan and 20-year-old Dacotah Hamilton, both of Marrero, charging them with 42 counts of misdemeanor and felony criminal damage.
It's not clear if either man has a lawyer.
Detectives linked Flanagan to a 2001 Ford Escape that was captured on surveillance video fleeing a home after a vehicle window was shot out. At least 166 vehicles were damaged in an early Tuesday morning spree on Jefferson Parish's West Bank.
Normand says both men confessed to using an air pistol to shoot windows on three separate occasions, and a number of carbon dioxide cartridges and pellets were found on Escape's floor.