Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Super Bowl XLVII
Thu January 24, 2013
Journey, Rascal Flatts Headline Super Bowl Concert
Journey and Rascal Flatts will headline the Super Bowl XLVII CMT Crossroads concert during the weekend before the big game.
The two bands will perform Saturday, Feb. 2, at 9 p.m. CST at the Sugar Mill in New Orleans. The performance will be broadcast on CMT at 11 p.m. CST, the night before the championship game featuring the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.
The concert will mark the second Super Bowl appearance for Journey, which previously performed in 2009 at the NFL Tailgate Party before Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa, Fla. This also marks the second collaboration for Journey and Rascal Flatts. Last June, Rascal Flatts closed the CMT Music Awards by inviting Journey to perform their hit "Don't Stop Believin'" with them on stage.