Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Fri June 8, 2012
Join Us For The Tony Awards Sunday Night, Where We Vow To Break A Leg
Originally published on Sun June 10, 2012 5:27 pm
We enjoy the Tony Awards here at Monkey See — it's often the awards ceremony with the largest quantity of actual merit, by far. True performers! True performances! Admittedly, one of the most famous moments the Tonys have had in the past few years was Bret Michaels getting hit on the head with scenery, but normally, they are very dignified.
In keeping with tradition, Marc Hirsh and I will be live-blogging the Tonys on Sunday night and waiting for Neil Patrick Harris (hosting again, obviously) to do something wonderful. Well, something else wonderful.
Meanwhile, for the first time, and rather marvelously, our own Trey Graham will be in New York, where he'll be providing on-site observations from the event itself. You must admit this adds a certain luster to our well-established habit of blogging about what we are watching on TV.
So join us Sunday night for the Tony Awards, and remember: this is an awards show where sometimes, something really fun happens.