Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed June 6, 2012
John Fullbright On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Wed February 6, 2013 9:28 am
Singer-songwriter John Fullbright makes his first appearance on Mountain Stage here, recorded live in Bristol, Tenn./Va. Though barely 25, Fullbright is frequently compared to a fellow native of his Oklahoma hometown of Okemah: Woody Guthrie. And, though Fullbright is a veteran of countless festivals, fairs and conferences, he's only recently recorded his first full-length studio album, From the Ground Up. Frequent Mountain Stage guest (and fellow Oklahoman) Jimmy LaFave calls Fullbright "the best young singer-songwriter I've heard in years."
Jumping back and forth between guitar and piano, Fullbright opens this show with four new songs, including "Gawd Above," in which his narrator takes on the voice of God to impart some sage wisdom.
Fullbright is followed by Julie Adams and the Mountain Stage band, with the Holly Near tune "Music in My Mother's House."
This Mountain Stage performance was originally published on June 6, 2012.