Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed November 30, 2011
Joel Salatin Says, "Folks, This Ain't Normal!"
Joel Salatin of Virginia's Polyface Farm discusses his radical farming philosophies.
Anchovy Compound Butter
3 anchovy fillets, diced
1 Tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
Add all ingredients to the food processor and process until ingredients are fully incorporated. Form the butter mixture into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes until firm enough to slice. Store for up to 6 months in freezer, using as needed.
***Suggested uses include, sauteing chard or other greens in a ratio of 6 tablespoons of compound butter per pound of fresh greens. Also delicious when used to finish a steak by topping with a slice of compound butter.
We'd love to hear from you! Write us or enter our Culinary Contest!