Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Thu April 5, 2012
Jobless Claims Stay Around Four-Year Low
The number of people filing first-time claims for unemployment insurance stayed around a four-year low last week, the Employment and Training Administration just reported.
It says there were 357,000 such applications, down 6,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 363,000.
Claims have been running at the lowest rate since March and April 2008 for several weeks now.
We'll learn much more about the labor market on Friday at 8:30 a.m. ET, when the Bureau of Labor Statistics is scheduled to report on the March unemployment rate and job growth.