Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri November 16, 2012
Joan Ganz Cooney, Co-Founder Of Sesame Workshop
Originally published on Fri November 16, 2012 2:21 pm
Since the 1970s, The Children's Television Workshop—now called the Sesame Workshop— intended to help low-income children become better prepared for school by using television as a tool. The Sesame Workshop has been much more far reaching, teaching and entertaining millions of kids around the globe. Shows like Sesame Street have become so culturally ubiquitous that it's hard to imagine life before Big Bird.