Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu August 16, 2012
Jindal to speak at Republican national convention
Gov. Bobby Jindal has been given a speaking slot at Republicans' national convention later this month.
The Republican National Committee announced Jindal, once considered a possible vice presidential contender, on a list of six speakers unveiled Thursday. The list included others passed over for the running mate job, like Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and U.S. Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio.
The convention will be held Aug. 27-30 in Tampa, Fla.
Earlier announced for the choice keynote speech was New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio will introduce Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney at the convention.