Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Thu August 16, 2012
Jindal to speak at Republican national convention
Gov. Bobby Jindal has been given a speaking slot at Republicans' national convention later this month.
The Republican National Committee announced Jindal, once considered a possible vice presidential contender, on a list of six speakers unveiled Thursday. The list included others passed over for the running mate job, like Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and U.S. Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio.
The convention will be held Aug. 27-30 in Tampa, Fla.
Earlier announced for the choice keynote speech was New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio will introduce Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney at the convention.