Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu August 16, 2012
Jindal to speak at Republican national convention
Gov. Bobby Jindal has been given a speaking slot at Republicans' national convention later this month.
The Republican National Committee announced Jindal, once considered a possible vice presidential contender, on a list of six speakers unveiled Thursday. The list included others passed over for the running mate job, like Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and U.S. Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio.
The convention will be held Aug. 27-30 in Tampa, Fla.
Earlier announced for the choice keynote speech was New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio will introduce Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney at the convention.