Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Sun August 12, 2012
Jindal: Ryan 'has the courage of his convictions'
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who had been considered a possible running mate for Mitt Romney, praised the Republican presidential candidate's choice of Paul Ryan for the GOP ticket.
In a statement issued Saturday, Jindal called Ryan a "good friend and one of the smartest guys I served with in Congress. He has the courage of his convictions, which is what our nation needs."
Jindal appeared to be auditioning for the V.P. slot. He made appearances around the country, attacking President Barack Obama for what he called failed policies and touting Romney's ability to improve the economy.
Jindal says he wouldn't be interested in a cabinet post with a possible Romney administration. He said, "I consider being the governor of Louisiana to be more important and the best job there is."
Shots - Health Blog