Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Gulf Oil Spill
Thu June 24, 2010
Jindal Pushes SBA to Approve More Loans
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Governor Jindal says the SBA is using normal credit checks to determine if a business can repay a loan. But he says the BP claims process is blocking their loan applications.
"Those small businesses that have legitimate claims from BP can use those future claims as collateral against their loan obligations so they can pay their bills today."
State officials say the SBA used softer guidelines to help businesses hurt by the Exxon Valdez tanker spill in 1989.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming