Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Gulf Oil Spill
Thu June 24, 2010
Jindal Pushes SBA to Approve More Loans
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Governor Jindal says the SBA is using normal credit checks to determine if a business can repay a loan. But he says the BP claims process is blocking their loan applications.
"Those small businesses that have legitimate claims from BP can use those future claims as collateral against their loan obligations so they can pay their bills today."
State officials say the SBA used softer guidelines to help businesses hurt by the Exxon Valdez tanker spill in 1989.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming