Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
LSU Board Appointment
Wed August 8, 2012
Jindal names cabinet secretary to LSU board
Gov. Bobby Jindal has tapped one of his cabinet secretaries to also be on the governing board for LSU.
Jindal's office announced Tuesday that Natural Resources Secretary Scott Angelle was the governor's newest appointment to the LSU Board of Supervisors.
Angelle, from Breaux Bridge, is a member of Jindal's closest circle of advisers. In addition to his cabinet post, Angelle is the governor's chief legislative lobbyist and the administration's liaison for federal oil and gas permitting issues.
Angelle's appointment to the LSU board comes as the panel faces several significant decisions.
The board is planning searches for a system president and a chancellor for the university's flagship campus in Baton Rouge and is weighing ways to dramatically shrink the LSU-run hospital system's budget amid years of expected budget cuts.